If you find a patron with two (or more!) different library cards, please send the patron barcode numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate which barcode had the most current information, i.e. the barcode the patron is currently using. The other account(s) will be deleted.
NOTE: If either account has the Collection Agency Block, the accounts cannot be merged. In this situation a Blocking note will be placed on both accounts referencing the duplicate account. The account without the Collection Agency block will be expired.
Information from the deleted card will be merged with the current card. All of the following information is merged:
- Barcode – the deleted barcode will be in the “Former barcode field” of the patron’s account.
- Blocks – any blocks on the deleted account will be copied into the appropriate Free Text or Library Assigned block fields.
- Notification History – all previously generated notices are copied.
- Items out – any items checked out on the deleted card, are transferred to the current card.
- Hold Request – Active, Inactive, Pending, Located, Canceled, Not supplied holds with a status of held, shipped or unclaimed will be transferred to the current card.
- Claimed and Lost Items – The claimed and lost item counts are transferred and totaled in the current account.
- Patron account – The charges and credits are totaled on the current record. The YTD and Lifetime Circ, as well as the YTD and Lifetime “You Saved” amounts are also totaled on the current account. The registered on date becomes the oldest date.
- Notes – The notes from the deleted account are appended to the notes on the current account and separated by a blank line. A note indicates the record was merged and provides the barcode of the deleted record and the date/time that merge occurred.
The deleted account barcode will no longer be a valid card and if scanned LEAP will give error message “No Matches found for barcode XXXXXXXXXX”. The patron would need to be issued a replacement card, if they do not have the current library card barcode.